- Bunnies are a long term commitment some bunnies live up to 10 years and more
- They are expensive and require a lot of supplies
- They require a lot of space
- They are prey animals so they are not really animals to pick up and cuddle
- They get scared easily so they will hide if scared.
- Their language is difficult to read, for example when they are sick they wont show it until its almost to late.
- They are sensitive and get sick easily if not taken care properly
- They get insured easily, they are fragile animals.
- They chew, some bunnies more then others. Some bunnies just destroy everything
- You need to bunny proof everything so they cant escape or get into dangerous stuff (Indoors and outdoors)
- The hay that they need makes a big mess. Some people are even allergic to it.
- They shed a lot. So you have fur almost everywhere in your home when you don’t clean often. Some bunnies also need a intensive grooming routine.
- They have a different life routine than us. They are most active in the morning and the evening so during the day they sleep most of the time.
- They are loyal they know who their owner is and recognize you
- They are super adorable!
- Bunnies are clean. They clean themselves all day long
- They don’t have any odor
- They are really smart. You can teach them tricks but they will also give you an attitude when they are mad at you
- They can be litter trained
- Bunnies are usually quiet (until they are hungry and start throwing stuff around)
- They don’t eat stinky food like cats or dogs
- You can bond with them pretty tightly, for example if you live with them in the same room
- You have best friends for a long time
- They are super cute to just watch all day long
Interesting blog posts to this topic: